- Barrhaven is a rapidly expanding suburban neighbourhood located on the southwest corner of the urban area of Ottawa. Due to the quick growth of this neighborhood has created a very uniformed feel through the streets. Look at the layout of Barrhaven here. Just south of Barrhaven is also where you will find the Golf Course community of Stonebridge and the new community of Half Moon Bay.
- As a beautiful, booming neighbourhood barrhaven attracts many families looking to settle down a little outside of the city. With numerous public and catholic schools along with plenty of local amenities. Barrhaven is the perfect place to start a quite, simple and stress free life.
Transit / Parking
- As a major neighbourhood in Ottawa means there is major bus route that help you get to and from the city center and many places throughout the city. Linked is the area map that indicates where the Marketplace bus station.
- There are over ten different bus routes that come to this station several times throughout the day. With busses coming every 15 mins or so during peak bussing hours.
- Back in the day Barrhaven only had one grocery store! But now there are two new shopping centers located at Strandherd and Greenbank and additional lifestyle centres spread throughout the area. There is every kind of grocery stores from Food Basics to Farm Boy and everything in between. This goes the same for all other amenities there are well over five pharmacy for your health needs.
- Recreation - Another beautiful aspect about Barrhaven is the amount of community centers, parks and recreational centers across the neighbourhood. There is not a shortage of areas to explore and keep the children busy throughout the year.
- There are many schools for all the children located throughout the Barrhaven area. To start her is a list to Barrhaven Public School:
- For elementary schools there are Adrienne Clarkson Elementary School, Barrhaven Public School, Berrigan Elementary School, Chapman Mills Public School, Farley Mowat Public School, Half Moon Bay Public School, Jockvale Elementary School and Mary Honeywell Elementary School. For public Secondary schools in the area you have two choices John McCrae Secondary School and Longfields Davidson Heights Secondary School
- For those who would like to send their children to catholic schools there are plenty of options for you as well. Starting with Barrhaven Catholic elementary schools Monsignor Paul Baxter Elementary Catholic School, St. Andrew, St. Benedict Catholic Elementary School, St. Cecilia School, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, St. Emily, St. Luke, St. Monica, Ottawa Christian School and St. Patrick. There are two secondary schools that go from grade 7 - 12 and they are Mother Teresa High School and St. Joseph High School.
- As a bilingual province French is important as well. Here are the few French Language Catholic schools in Barrhaven area Ecole Elementaire Catholique Sainte- Kateri, Ecole Elementaire Catholique Piere Elliott Trudeau and Ecole Elementaire Catholique Jean Robert Gauthier. There is one secondary school that also goes from grade 7 to 12 called Ecole Secondaire Catholique Pierre Savard.
If you're curious about prices, amenities or current options on the market don't hesitate to "call, text, or shoot us an email"