Finding your perfect home that will suit your personal and financial needs for the years to come can many times be a stressful process with everything there is to consider. I have just one goal - to make your home buying process as smooth as possible.
Before you start looking - ask yourself a few questions
- Where do you want to live?
- What type of neighbourhood?
- Do you want to be close to schools, shopping, churches, recreation facilities or close to work?
- What kind of house would you like or need?
- Are you looking for a particular style?
- Do you want 2 garages, how many bedrooms and bathrooms?
- Is a main floor family room important to your family?
- Do you want a yard?
- How much can you afford?
- Have you consulted with a real estate representative and a mortgage broker to get pre-qualified?
These are important considerations and your wants/needs have to match your financial requirements. You can count on me to ask the tough questions to make sure you set yourself up for a win.
You'll want to have a team of professionals when buying your home. You decide exactly who is on your team, but there are a few professionals without whom buying a home is nearly impossible. You will need a mortgage, so you'll have to find a lender. Also, you will need to bring on the services of other professionals such as a lawyer and home inspector to protect your interests. Finally, you will need a professional like myself to help you find the right home with the right financing.
Why you should work with a REALTOR®?
Working with a professional Realtor like myself is a great idea for several reasons:
- They will help you analyze your financial situation to help you determine how much you can afford by working with a broker/mortgage specialist.
- They are intimately familiar with the process of buying a home and can explain every aspect to you.
- They can easily access information on all properties listed for sale, as well as shed light on prices/trends of homes that have sold.
- They can set up appointments for you to see homes that are of interest to you.
- They will help you complete all the necessary paperwork when it comes time to make an offer.
- They will be there to negotiate on your behalf to ensure you are purchasing your perfect home for the best possible price.
Searching for a home is a time-consuming process and working with a real estate professional will make the process much more efficient and successful.
A good real estate representative should save you time and trouble. When discussing your needs with a Realtor, be as specific as possible about the kind of home you're looking for and your price range. If you're not certain, set aside some time for your representative to help you determine these. I will know what is on the market, in which neighbourhoods and at what price, and can save you time by prescreening home listings - screening out the ones that don't meet your needs or budget. Then I can make appointments for you to see the homes that suit you.
When the time comes, a Realtor will also assist you in making an Offer to Purchase and will guide you through the current market conditions, what price is realistic and what conditions to include to protect your best interests.
REALTOR®, REALTORS®, and the REALTOR® logo are certification marks that are owned by REALTOR® Canada Inc. and licensed exclusively to The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). These certification marks identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA and who must abide by CREA's By-Laws, Rules and the REALTOR® Code. The MLS® trademark and the MLS® logo are owned by CREA and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA.
The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service®, and the associated logos identify professional services rendered by REALTOR® members of CREA to effect the purchase, sale and lease of real estate as part of a cooperative selling system.